Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Woooooah, Nelly!










I THINK that phrase refers to making a horse slow down... lol. Anyhow, that's how I felt about this weekend... busy, busy! Saturday morning I was able to drag myself out of bed at 5:20am. Everyone should be proud of me, seeing as I think the perfect time for getting out of bed is somewhere around 10:00am. :) Anyhow, it was HOT HOT HOT outside (heat index of over 100), but a success for our family. We made about $200! Woo hoo! I haven't received dollar amounts from the other families that participated. We sold a lot, but still had LOTS of clothes and shoes leftover, so those went to a Harris County clothing donation box.

Saturday evening we took Caleb to get a haircut. Now it's super-short. Here he is in the middle of "cheeeeese."




Sunday morning we had several things going on. First was our niece's (Isabella) dedication, so Charlotte, Bethany, Philip, Dr Smith, and others were in service with us.



Caleb had to go sit by her during the dedication... for a few minutes anyway.


After Isabella's dedication the kids choir sang and then went to SuperChurch, which is where I went as well. At the end of service, our niece (Sarah) was baptized by her daddy! Here she is with her Aunt Bethany after being baptized.



After church we all braved the awful hot weather to go out to eat.



Even Isabella had to cool off! And here's Caleb in the process of giving her a kiss.


Sunday evening I worked in the nursery while an awesome service was taking place in the sanctuary with special guest, Matthew Tuttle.
After that weekend, I sure was glad to see Monday.... or at least I THOUGHT I was... until it actually got here. :)