Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Checkin' In - 15 Days 'Til Christmas!!

Ice skating outdoors in Houston? Who woulda thunk it? We took Caleb ice skating for the first time. When he got out on the ice, I thought "Why is he having such a hard time??" Then I realized that he was already trying to run, spin, and jump on the ice.... and other things that only professionals can do. Thankfully, there was a small area just for children 4 and under to practice ice skating. They also gave the kids some "snow" to play with. Note the snowman Daddy helped Caleb make. =)

Of course, what's a nice day outside in Houston without the hammering and clanging of construction nearby? You can see one of the works in progress behind me. I just pretended the banging was a new funky beat and got my skate on. It was the perfect day for Discovery Green Park in downtown H-town! I never woulda known about the place except one of my girlfriends sent me the link when I told her I wasn't in the Christmas spirit yet. Awesome friend, huh? =)



Stay tuned: More pics from Thanksgiving and the holidays coming this week!